CIS470 Computer Forensics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Lu Zhang
Course DescriptionIntroduction of computer forensics in networked systems, provides understanding of technical issues in acquiring computer evidence with emphasis on computer forensic analysis. File systems and current computer forensics tools are also examined.
- Describe the elements of computer investigations.
- Describe network basics and Internet fundamentals.
- Analyze popular computer operating and file systems.
- Identify and evaluate current computer forensic tools.
- Recover computer image files.
- Identify, secure, catalog, and store digital evidence.
- Describe and discuss e-mail investigations.