Individual and group tutoring is available in mathematics, statistics, sciences, engineering and business mathematics, including help with calculator usage, Excel, SPSS and Minitab applications.
Click here to make an appointment.
Contact us at MathTutor@nu.edu
Students who visit the Math Center agree to:
- Respect the math tutors and respond to them in a courteous manner in all modes of communication: voice, text, email.
- Respect the tutorial process.
- Be receptive to suggestions and strategies for working with the consultant.
- Take responsibility for their own learning process and for what they turn in to their instructor.
- Make every effort to cancel appointments that they cannot attend. Students who miss more than two appointments without cancelling them may be prevented from making further appointments.
- Arrive on time for their appointment. Students who are more than 10 minutes late may lose their appointment time.
- Maintain an environment free of harassment, stalking, threats, abuse, insults, or humiliation. This includes, but is not limited to demeaning written or oral comments of an ethnic, religious, sexist (or sexual orientation), or racist nature; and intimidations or unwanted sexual advances.
- Abide by all rules and regulations published by the University and agree to be subject to disciplinary actions as described in the General Catalog.
Failure to adhere this code of conduct may result in the loss of Math Center privileges.