CIS606 End User Information Systems
Lead Faculty: Dr. Patrick Olson
Course DescriptionStudy of the end-user approach to systems analysis, addressing the links between information systems technology and organizational goals. IS design, analysis and implementation, with a focus on shaping information systems to enhance employee performance and carry out business strategies.
- Evaluate and interpret end users requirements when analyzing an information system.
- Analyze and evaluate the issues of system design with emphasis on facility design, workstation and office integration, and peak employee productivity.
- Investigate the personnel issues related to information systems and end users.
- Suggest and integrate strategies for introducing the end users to new system through individual and group training, user documentation, and help desk support.
- Evaluate the ethical, political, and legal issues on end user Internet usage, email, copyrights, ownership, and privacy.
- Create end user policies and procedure manuals in concert with Human Resource unit.
- Have up-to-date specific knowledge and skills for EUIS jobs today.