SYE603 System Dynamics
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
Course DescriptionAnalysis of complex systems, system behavior, and system of systems. Includes the concept of intended and unintended consequences, systems thinking, modeling dynamic systems and decision making, system instability and oscillation, and testing of system models. System dynamic programming software is provided with the text.
- Generate causal loop diagrams to model systems thinking and feedback processes.
- Create system dynamics models to simulate behavior of various systems and subsystems.
- Model the dynamics of systems utilizing delay structures, growth functions, and co-flows.
- Develop and test models of decision policies and human behavior that uncover unintended consequences and bounded rationality.
- Model supply chain dynamics and determine factors for instability and oscillations.
- Test and validate system dynamics models.