MGT607 Performance Management
Lead Faculty: Dr Ramon Corona
Course DescriptionThis course provides an introduction to the connection between individual performance and organizational achievement. Topics include aligning individual objectives with organizational objectives, motivation, performance appraisal, coaching, and rewarding successful performance.
- Contrast expectations of performance that reflect different countries and cultures.
- Evaluate the performance management processes that are common in different countries and cultures.
- Determine individual and group objectives necessary to achieve organizational objectives.
- Build the process for communicating expectations to individuals and groups.
- Specify the qualitative and quantitative means for assessing performance.
- Propose appropriate reward systems to support the achievement of the desired outcomes.
- Design a process for holding individuals and groups accountable for their performance levels.
- Evaluate the ethical issues associated with specific performance management decisions.