MGT603 Business Operations Management
Lead Faculty: Dr Ramon Corona
This course presents a customer-oriented view of operations within an organization. Guided by the organization's strategic plan, operations deliver the products and services to the customers. This course explores how this delivery is accomplished with efficiency and effectiveness. Components of the course include issues of quality, physical design, and systems management.
- Appraise the impact of global dynamics on the operations of the organization.
- Assess how multiple cultural dynamics will impact the operations of the organization.
- Determine the operations management activities that will be most effective in supporting achievement of strategic objectives.
- Evaluate how organizational structure impacts efficiency and effectiveness.
- Appraise the value-chain to better align customer expectations, operations, and supplier processes.
- Determine the most effective quality processes for the type of product and/or services produced.
- Assess the effectiveness of facilities as a foundation for completing organizational work.
- Evaluate the ethical issues associated with specific operations management decisions.