ACC621M Taxation of Bus and Oth Entities
Lead Faculty: Dr. Joyce Ellis
Study of the statutory provisions, judicial doctrines,and implementation of the theory and practice of federal income taxation of "C" corporations, "S" corporations, and partnerships.
- Evaluate the tax advantages and disadvantages of forming alternative forms of business entities
- Assess the rules for determining a domestic Subchapter C corporation's taxable income, loss, and tax liabilities.
- Evaluate the tax ramifications for the formation, disposition or exchange in partnership interest.
- Judge applicable tax rules to use in liquidating a partnership.
- Discriminate the rationals for filing a consolidated tax return.
- Evaluate the tax consequences of liquidating distributions, non-liquidating distributions, tax levies, reorganization, acquisitions, divestitures, and the dissolution of the corporation.
- Appraise the requirements for a Subchapter S election and the tax rules applicable to S corporations and their shareholders.
- Evaluate the basis of an S corporation shareholder's interest.
- Integrate ethical guidelines in analyzing tax strategies for business and other entities.