Master of Science in Engineering Management
Prepare yourself for today’s competitive, global, and technical environment with engineering management principles.
Engineering Management leadership has become a highly sought skill in today’s competitive global technological marketplace. The Master of Science in Engineering Management program is designed to bring the benefits of modern technology and high quality graduate-level instruction to engineers/scientists/technologists interested in furthering their skills in engineering management with specialization in the following areas:
- Project Management to become effective future project managers.
- Systems Management to manage the life cycle of systems including definition, development, deployment and decommissioning.
- Technology Management to manage and lead technology in global marketplace.
These specializations offer practical business perspectives necessary for engineering management. Unlike traditional MBA programs, these programs emphasize management skills that are specifically built on the students’ technical backgrounds and experience. The custom-designed mix of management concepts and technical expertise will help prepare professionals to direct major public and private organizations in the increasingly complicated managerial environment of today’s competitive global, technical environment. In this program, engineering management principles are broadly based and draw from many different disciplines such as applied sciences, engineering, natural sciences, mathematics, economics, business and social sciences.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate quantitative analytical and critical thinking skills and techniques to manage projects and processes (products and services).
- Examine a multidisciplinary approach involving the integration of engineering, management, quality and risk analysis in projects, and processes (products and services).
- Identify, prioritize and select relevant solutions in solving complex engineering problems and processes.
- Assess tools and techniques, resources, organizational systems, and decision making processes for the successful management of projects and processes (products and services).
- Apply global mindset and a detailed knowledge of business environments in engineering management solutions.
- Demonstrate organizational and team skills needed to manage projects and processes.
- Communicate effectively using graduate-level oral and writing skills.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical responsibility in engineering management.
- MGT 309C Prin. of Mgmt & Organizations
- CSC 220 Applied Probability & Stats.
- MNS 205 Intro to Quantitative Methods
- ENM 600 Engineering Mgmt Concepts
- ENM 601 Project Management Principles
- ENM 602 Risk, Contracts, and Legal Iss
- PME 602 Skills Management
- ENM 604 Quality Management
- TMG 610 Global Trends in Technology
- ENM 607A Capstone Course I
- ENM 607B Capstone Course II
- ENM 607C Capstone Course III