Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Marketing Communications
This program is a blend of the concepts of marketing principles, which include advertising, sales promotion, public relations, and direct marketing working together as a unified force with the integration of communication using the latest communication technology. Graduates will be able to demonstrate an ability to seek and integrate high-quality research for the purpose of evaluating their own insights into the professional and academic study of communication and media studies, while also understanding the roles that communication plays in developing individuals and social institutions. The BA in Integrated Marketing Communication prepares learners for careers in marketing, sales, advertising, fundraising, PR, and other persuasive fields. It combines a business degree with advanced communication skills for traditional and Web 2.0 platforms—including print, broadcast, social, personal, and mobile media.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply appropriate theoretical precepts and practical skills in communication.
- Demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills consistent with a professional marketing environment.
- Develop a strategic communication program, gathering and utilizing data from the conduct of appropriate market research.
- Evaluate global marketing strategies for products and services, utilizing contemporary buyer behavior.
- Apply persuasion theory to the development of media messages.
- Develop multi-platform, multi-public message disseminations plans.
- Integrate program content and collaborate with peers to develop a basic marketing plan that contains all essential elements, including ethical considerations.
- COM 305 Intercultural Communication
- COM 402 Communication Technologies
- COM 365 Integrated Marketing Comm
- COM 324 Critical Thinking and Ethics
- COM 334 Persuasion
- COM 354 Professional Presentations
- MKT 430 Intro to Global Marketing
- MKT 434 Intro to Market Research
- MKT 443 Introduction to Advertising
- MKT 441 Channel and Value Networks
- MKT 445 e-Marketing
- MKT 446 Introduction to Services Mkt
- COM 441 Communication Strategies
- COM 442 Communication Campaigns
- COM 443 Interactive & Mobile Campaigns
- MKT 480 Marketing Project