Master of Arts Human Resource Management
The Master of Arts in Human Resource Management program is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as being fully aligned with its curriculum guidelines.
The Master of Arts in Human Resource Management online program provides students with both the critical skills and knowledge required to be effective in this continuously growing domain through case study, experiential learning opportunities, and best practices. The program serves to increase the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a professional to perform in a senior management position or as a consultant to organization leadership on matters of human resource management and organizational change.
The MAHRM program integrates the many facets of human resource management in the 21st century through concept, theory, critical analysis and application of recruitment, staffing, training and talent development, compensation and benefits, organizational behavior, performance improvement, technology, legal aspects, labor relations, organizational change and adaptation, ethical issues, and safety concerns in the workplace. The curriculum, incorporating relevant HRM and ODV technology and best practices for both internal practitioners and consultants, offers an in-depth, fully comprehensive curriculum for business professionals to extend their knowledge beyond operations management. This cutting-edge program is designed to offer an innovative multidisciplinary approach to the growing field of human resource management and the continuum of organizational change in the 21st century.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Complete a job analysis of a specific job to be used for recruiting, selection, performance appraisal, training, and compensation.
- Develop a recruiting plan and design a selection process for recruiting, interviewing, and selecting candidates for employment for jobs within an organization.
- Conduct a needs assessment and design a training program for current employees on a specific topic related to organizational goals.
- Assess benefits relevant to the employee population and organizational structure, and formulate a compensation system based upon merit, knowledge, and skill acquisition.
- Assess and develop methods designed to prevent employer liability and labor relation issues (anti discrimination statutes, employee and labor relations, union, and non-union environment issues).
- Develop a consulting proposal and course of action for an organization regarding a particular organizational challenge and/or change process.
- Recognize, analyze, and effectively address ethical, legal, and safety challenges faced in the workplace.
- HRM 660 Theory & Practice of HRM
- HRM 630 Legal, Ethical & Safety Issues
- HRM 637 Workforce Plan, Dev & Outsourc
- ODV 606 Seminar in Training & Developm
- HRM 667 Compensation & Benefits
- HRM 633A Seminar in Employee Relations,
- ODV 610 Adv Studies in Org Behavior in
- ODV 600 Theory & Practice of OD
- ODV 601 Integrating Perfomance Mgmt
- HRM 669 Research Seminar
- HRM 670 Project/Thesis