At National University, we proudly support our military and veteran community. You served our country, now it’s our turn to give back and provide you with the education that will take you where you want to go next in life.
We understand that it’s not always easy to make the transition from military life to student life. National University has established the Veteran Center to support that transition, and to give you the guidance you need to acclimate to your new surroundings, and successfully earn your degree. You’ll find more than just a wealth of helpful information here; you’ll find a community, a place to make lifelong connections with other military students and staff, who will be cheering you on from your first day to graduation, and beyond.
Located at the Spectrum campus in Kearny Mesa, the Veteran Center offers a number of services tailored to your unique needs, including:
- A dedicated transition coach who will work with you one-on-one to assist with your transition and provide regular check-ins
- A veteran fellows program with fun monthly engagement activities to give you the opportunity to meet other service-member students
- Work-study opportunities, so you can maintain a part-time job and stay on track for school
- Connections to outside veteran groups and resources that will empower your educational experience
- Welcome Aboard orientations to meet with staff members from all departments—from student services to financial aid to career services—and faculty members to discuss specific degree programs
- Funding information and scholarships, including the Veteran’s Victory Scholarship, which offers up to $5,000 based on academic or community achievement and financial need
- A lounge area where you can meet for study groups, or to just hang out
If you’re not in the area, that’s ok. We can be reached remotely, via phone, email, or live chat, so you’ll always have access to the support you need.
Contact information for the Center is as follows:
National University Veteran Center
Spectrum Campus, Room 171
9388 Lightwave Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123-1426