Gain the technical and design skills you’ll need to succeed in the growing field of computing with the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science. The program balances a strong academic foundation with real-world programming assignments.
The BSCS online or on-campus courses include object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, operating systems, computer communication networks, software engineering, and computer architecture. Students interested in further study can efficiently transition to the next level through the BS Computer Science/Master of Science in Computer Science Transition Program.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling, design and optimization of computer-based systems.
- Analyze a problem and design the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Implement and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet objectives.
- Discuss the impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society, including ethical, legal, security, and global policy issues.
- Use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice that supports the recognized need for continual professional development.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing