Gain the skills you need to plan, coordinate, and direct computer-related activities in the corporate world and beyond by earning a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems. Throughout the BSIS program, you’ll learn how to help determine the information technology goals of an organization and take responsibility for implementing computer systems to meet those goals.
The program links business and technology across fields as diverse as healthcare and criminal justice and includes coursework in IT mainstays such as data communications, systems analysis, system development, database administration, project management, computer forensics, health information management, and quality/information assurance.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply analytical and critical thinking skills, and information systems concepts for solving organizational problems.
- Discuss the potential global impact of specific information systems solutions.
- Evaluate and implement organizational planning, design, and integration of information systems solutions in competitive environment.
- Plan and design organizational communications infrastructure and networking topology.
- Improve strategic information management procedures and processes.
- Identify innovative and efficient solutions to solve organizational problems.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing