ITM345 IT Servers Using Linux
Lead Faculty: Dr. Debra A. Bowen
This course provides a solid framework of the concepts, installation, and configuration of a server Operating System (OS). Topics include an understanding of desktop environments used in a server environment, methods of exploring and understanding the OS, and demonstrating system administration tasks and how they are used to provide support for multiple users. This course also describes issues related to security and shows how to automate tasks through shell scripting.
- Explain the basic functions of a server operating system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the features of an industry standard server-side operating system.
- Demonstrate how to install the Linux operating system.
- Identify how to configure and implement Linux.
- Explain how Linux operates in a client-server environment.
- Demonstrate how to support a multiple user environment.
- Demonstrate how to automate system tasks in Linux.
- Explain how to administer and manage the Linux operating system.
- Recognize the security issues related to Linux.