CEN416 Mech and Electrical Systems
Lead Faculty: Dr. Dirk Epperson
Course DescriptionThe impact of M/E systems on the design and construction process including energy considerations. Fundamentals of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical distribution, lighting, information systems, and vibrations in the building system.
- Understand the impact of mechanical and electrical systems in buildings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HVAC fundamentals and refrigeration cycles.
- Contrast piping systems for heating, cooling, fire protection, water supply and sanitation.
- Explain basic concepts in electrical distribution and lighting systems.
- Identify and evaluate noise, vibration and acoustics in buildings.