Undergraduate Certificate in Basic Human Resource Management
This certificate in human resources management is designed for those who wish to gain the knowledge and skills necessary for professional and supervisory careers in the field of human resource management. The program provides a basic knowledge of the foundations of managing human resources, including recruitment, selection, retention, compensation, development, and legal compliance in the workplace. The certificate program prepares students for expanded opportunities in diverse industries. Students will obtain valuable knowledge and skills in human resource management that will enable them to contribute to the ongoing process of attracting and retaining individuals who will assist in furthering an organization s interest in achieving its mission.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Comprehend the various functions of human resource management.
- Identify and describe the stages of the human resource planning process.
- Describe key issues in the motivation and compensation of employees.
- Explain human resource assessment as it relates to the mission of an organization.
- Recognize common concerns surrounding employer liability in the workplace.
- Interpret employment laws and explain their impact on an organization.
- Apply research techniques to the preparation of written assignments.