ITM210 Introduction to IT
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bhaskar Raj Sinha
Course DescriptionThis course provides an introduction to Information Technology (IT) infrastructure concepts and applications in an integrated information system environment. This course focuses on understanding the importance of IT for various types of IT applications within an organization. Topics include: overview of hardware, software, data resources, telecommunications and networks. The course provides an overview of 'what' IT is and how to apply IT in various organizations.
- Recognize the importance of IT.
- Identify the various components of the IT infrastructure.
- Analyze IT infrastructure.
- Differentiate various applications of IT.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of data and information management.
- Recognize the importance of security, privacy concerns, and ethics of the IT Infrastructure.
- Conduct individual research projects of pertinent IT concepts.