CIS350 Database Management Systems
Lead Faculty: Dr. Lu Zhang
Fundamentals of database systems. An introductory approach to developing database applications; students learn to evaluate a business situation and then build and design a database application. The focus is from systems design to distribution and integration of the system through hands-on experience. Core theories and ideas of database management systems are also covered.
- Describe database application development cycle.
- Understand disk and file storage for data.
- Explain queries and constraints in SQL.
- Explain transaction management and concurrency control.
- Integrate business intelligence and data warehouses.