CIS350 Database Management Systems
Lead Faculty: Dr. Mudasser Fraz Wyne
Fundamentals of database systems. An introductory approach to developing database applications; students learn to evaluate a business situation and then
build and design a database application. The focus is from systems design to distribution and integration of the system through hands-on experience. Core
theories and ideas of database management are also covered.
- Describe database application development.
- Identify disks and files storage; and tree-structured indexing and hash-based indexing.
- Describe query evaluate.
- Describe and discuss database design.
- Explain the queries, constraints, and triggers of SQL.
- Evaluate data mining, data warehousing and decision support.