CIS301 Mgmt Information Systems
Lead Faculty: Dr Lu Zhang
Course DescriptionOverview of core concepts related to the emerging interconnections between technology, the organization, and information management.
- Analyze various aspects revolving around the strategic role of managing information.
- Identify and discuss the purposes of various hardware components comprising the computer system.
- Compare and contrast Internet, intranet, and extranet; and discuss the benefits and pitfalls of each.
- Identify and discuss the strategic role of major business applications software.
- Discuss current operating systems and network support utilities commonly found in a variety of IS environments.
- Discuss and contrast methodologies used to redesign the information infrastructure of the organizational enterprise.
- Describe factors for managing systems security and implementing systems-wide information controls.
- Discuss factors to consider when managing international information systems.