SSE610B Second Capstone Course
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
Continuation of SSE 610A project course. Specific focus is on the analysis of data collected including problem solutions. Students present their research in both written and oral form to the client organization, if applicable, and to other students and faculty. The duration is two months. Course is eligible for an "IP" grade.
- Evaluate critically safety and security system of a building, and a process.
- Write a Masters level research project/thesis based on the findings that include all essential elements of a good safety and security engineering system.
- Define a specific research problem and/or an industrial/commercial case study.
- Show a comprehensive literature review relating to the study and methods used in the project.
- Identify sources of data for the analysis and gather and analyze relevant data.
- Identify, describe and use appropriate quantitative and analytical models for drawing conclusions.
- Defend the project findings during oral presentation to faculty, class and, if applicable, to clients.