PME604 Project Financing Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
Discussion of essential concepts in finance related to project management such as accounting statements and their interpretation, forecasting, risk and return,
time value of money, project budgeting, and project finance management such as working capital, cash flow management, account receivables and inventory and global finance management.
- Define financial management concepts in managing projects.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the key financial concepts such as assets, liabilities, owner's equity, the accounting equation, revenue, expenses, net income, debit, credit, journal, and ledger.
- Identify and describe basic financial statements including income, balance sheet, retained earning statement and sources and uses of cash.
- Describe the process of preparing financial statements from projects sources.
- Evaluate capital budgeting projects using the payback, net present value and internal rate of return methods.