ENM601 Project Management Principles
Lead Faculty: Dr Shekar Viswanathan
Course DescriptionFocus on fundamentals of engineering project management and tools, in particular, Microsoft Project and provides guidelines for what project managers need to have in order to succeed. Introduction to project negotiation, project manager selection and project auditing and terminating.
- Describe Project Management Engineering Principles.
- Describe components of a typical Project Management System.
- Describe Project Manager and Roles, Project planning, implementation and termination concepts.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of Microsoft Project 2002 Concepts and Tools, and Functions.
- Create and build tasks for new projects including planning, scheduling, and tracking various project activities.
- Demonstrate skills to manage projects on the Web.
- Customize Microsoft Project in managing small, medium, and large projects.
- Illustrate about other project tools such as Primavera.