CEN421 Constr, Acct, Finance and Law
Lead Faculty: Dirk Epperson
This course applies the principles of business accounting and financial principles and engineering economics to the construction industry. Construction accounting systems, depreciation and financial analysis are introduced. Labor, overhead, and profit management are presented. Cash flow, time value of money, and legal aspects specific to construction industry contracts are introduced.
- Understand the principles of construction financial management.
- Apply and utilize construction accounting systems.
- Understand accounting transactions and depreciation.
- Analyze construction financial statements.
- Understand cost management for labor, overhead and profit.
- Utilize computer software for construction accounting and finance.
- Understand legal aspects specific to construction industry contracting.