CEN410 Constr Materials and Methods
Lead Faculty: Dr. Shekar Viswanathan
An overview of the basic materials and methods utilized in construction projects. Wood, steel, masonry, glass, and concrete and other material are introduced along with their associated construction systems in foundations, framing, cladding, windows, doors, finishes and roofing.
- Identify the basic construction materials and methods.
- Understand foundation systems and materials.
- Demonstrate knowledge of framing, floor and roofing systems.
- Compare and contrast site-cast and pre-cast concrete framing systems.
- Understand cladding and finishing systems.