CEN323 Structural Analysis
Lead Faculty: Dr Dirk Epperson
Course DescriptionIntroduction to analysis of wood, steel and concrete structures. Basic structural loads, forces and moments in beams, columns and trussed systems. Internal reactions and method of sections. Stress, sheer and deformation in beams and columns. Properties of soils and foundations. Basic design fundamentals.
- Understand basic structural loads and the equilibrium of forces and moments.
- Apply the method of sections to beams.
- Analyze design loads in trussed systems.
- Explain stress, strain, sheer and deformation.
- Apply the principles of soil properties and structures.
- Understand basic timber, steel and concrete design.