BET403 Medical Imaging Technology
Lead Faculty: Dr. Peilin Fu
Introduction the basic physics of medical imaging modalities. It will provide a variety of information about the human body, including anatomy, function, blood flow, and metabolism. The fundamental modality will include X-ray radiography, Computer Tomography (CT), Ultrasound (US), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Nuclear Spectroscopy along with introduction to the state-of-art in modern medical imaging.
- Acquire biological knowledge of human anatomy, physiological processes, and medical imaging for safe and protective radiation interaction with human tissue.
- Describe the concept of medical imaging modalities used in clinical application.
- Acquire modern procedure and alternate imaging technique by medical practitioners.
- Identify evolving modern techniques of medical imaging for normal and abnormal living tissue and organ.
- Evaluate and select specific suitable medical imaging modality for successful clinical procedure and outcome.