BKM600 Knowledge Mgmt for Bus Strateg
Lead Faculty: Dr. Farnaz Sharifrazi
An overview of the methodologies used in today's learning organization for the capturing, transferring, sharing and managing of knowledge. The use of technological tools and the role of Knowledge Management (KM) are discussed from the perspective of an organization's strategic goals and objectives.
- Explain the need to align KM strategies with business strategies.
- Demonstrate and discuss knowledge mapping, and knowledge gaps.
- Describe the use of exploitation and exploration to increase core competencies.
- Evaluate methods to mobilize your organization's "tacit" knowledge within a global enterprise.
- Articulate how business information systems process data into information through the use of tools such as data warehousing, data mining, and then using knowledge management translates the results into the needed wisdom to sustain a competitive advantage.
- Identify tacit and explicit knowledge within an organization and other key intangible assets.
- Articulate the process of conducting a knowledge audit and analysis.
- Explain the ethical, legal, and managerial issues in knowledge management.