MKT634 Market Research
Lead Faculty: Dr Ramon Corona
Course DescriptionAn examination of principles and techniques of market research with emphasis on quantitative applications, this course focuses on defining organizational information needs and designing appropriate research methods to obtain information. It covers qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, secondary research, internal market intelligence systems, and data analysis.
- Employ the Internet effectively for marketing research.
- Analyze the use of market research in an organization.
- Design, implement and analyze a research program appropriate to diverse market segments.
- Use research findings for decision making in an appropriate market research presentation format.
- Integrate a marketing research program into the overall marketing plan or an organization, SBU or product.
- Analyze current legal and ethical standards of practice in marketing research.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major marketing concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.