MGT625 Managerial Communication
Lead Faculty: Dr. Richard Weaver
This course explores the important roles that communication plays in managers/leaders being effective in their tasks as they exchange meaning with supervisees, peers, supervisors, the larger organization, and the community. Both formal and informal communication will be addressed. Additionally, issues such as cross-cultural communication, ethics, conflict resolution, crisis communication, and developing organizational communication competencies will be investigated.
- Analyze situations using a variety of communication theories and models to determine how to make improvements in the situations.
- Determine the most effective match of messages to the unique circumstances in particular situations.
- Evaluate personal communication, verbal and non-verbal, formal and informal, to identify specific areas for improvement.
- Design organizational communication that effectively uses presentations, reports, and mass communication.
- Evaluate ethical issues in all forms of communication within organizations.