IBU653 Global Bus. & Strat. Planning
Lead Faculty: Dr. Juan Espana
Course DescriptionBased on a review of main theories and current trends, this course examines strategic alternatives and choices available to multinational companies in world markets. Emphasis is placed upon applied strategic analysis based on case studies involving multinational companies and settings.
- Analyze the various theories and trends in international business strategic planning.
- Evaluate the strategic alternatives and potential/actual outcomes.
- Compare and contrast the various strategic alternatives as applied in various key countries and industries.
- Compare and contrast existing and developing business-level and corporate-level strategies.
- Develop a methodology for effective Global Strategic Planning.