MGT484 Family Business Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
Course DescriptionPlanning and operation of an established family business for maximization of profit. Emphasis on succession to next generation, evaluating then existing business plans, marketing strategies, conflict resolution, estate planning, legal and financial aspects.
- Distinguish between family businesses and other forms of businesses.
- Examine the impact of family businesses both nationally and globally.
- Analyze the customer base and sources of inputs of family businesses.
- Detect and resolve conflicts that may arise in the operation of a family business.
- Comprehend the impact of family businesses and philanthrophy on community building.