MGT482 Small Business Management
Lead Faculty: Dr. Ramon Corona
An in-depth study of small to mid-sized companies with a view to preparing students for leadership roles. Emphasis on building and managing companies from the start-up phase to their growth and efficient operation. Problem solving strategies of managerial, legal and ethical issues and dilemmas particularly relevant to small business.
- Analyze the different forms of business organization.
- Analyze the importance of small businesses.
- Describe different ways to market goods and services.
- Explain how to obtain and manage human resources and diversity in small businesses.
- Comprehend financial planning and control of a small business, including taxation issues in a small business.