LED420 Adaptive Leadership in Change
Lead Faculty: Dr Michelle C. Browning
Course DescriptionAnalysis of constant and continuous change in modern organizational environments. This class will provide students with the skills needed to recognize the potential impacts of change on their organizations, and to lead their organizations through the change process effectively. Students will develop skills in assessing organizational culture and learn to create the learning organization of the future.
- Identify and discuss leadership styles that work well or less well in times of change when adaptive work is needed by the organization.
- Compare and contrast the impact of slow, continuous change and rapid, discontinuous change on leadership of teams, groups and organizations.
- Prepare a basic strategic plan to assist members of the organization to work effectively during sudden or unexpected change.
- Evaluate ethical concerns for leadership within groups, teams and organizations.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.