SCD630 Culture and Change
Methods for assessing cultural competency and comparing their own cultural values with those of various national and ethnic groups. Simulations will be used to illustrate the influence of stakeholder values in community development projects. Discussions focus on appropriateness and compatibility of outside development models and approaches to traditional communities.
- Apply dimensions for analyzing culture.
- Evaluate cultural beliefs and values and their influence in development models.
- Evaluate cultural competency of leaders and change agents.
- Apply methods for reconciling cultural dilemmas in change and development.
- Evaluate and apply methods for working with stakeholder differences.
- Develop competency in recognizing and reconciling the origins and contemporary implications of cultural differences effecting individual identity formation, community development and social transformation.