SCD610 Human Environments
Course DescriptionSocial transformation and community development occurs within an ecological context. Development requires a holistic approach to the community, including natural resources, population dynamics, nutrition, disease, and quality of life. Social influences may include migration, urbanization, and technology. This course explores the relationships among natural environments, adaptive responses, and human societies.
- Analyze relationships between human communities and natural enviornments.
- Relate human population dynamics to ecological programs.
- Evaluate the influence of resource use patterns on sustainable community practices.
- Analyze the relationship between human migration and development.
- Use quality of life and social indicators to evaluate development projects.
- Articulate the ecological dynamics of human communities, including carrying capacity, access to basic resources, health and well being, and quality of life.