ODV608 Research Sem in Current Issues
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bernadette Baum
This course is focused on a selected combination of published empirical research and current issues in organizational development interventions and strategies. Articles for discussion will be drawn from journals and popular press in several fields, including economics, the behavioral sciences, management science, business administration, and elsewhere as they relate to the practice of organizational development interventions and techniques. Faculty will guide students through written review of research and current practices, and seminar discussions in order to assist the HRM and ODV Professional in their service as a change agent to company management.
- Evaluate and analyze cyclical trends in organizational development and corporate strategy.
- Examine and compare seminal and current research on change initiatives as related to dealing with technology, globalization, cyclical economies, and the new psychological contract.
- Evaluate and apply concepts from management science, business administration, and Human Resource Management related research that helps internal and external organizational change agents more effectively align with corporate strategies and goals.
- Formulate recommendations for improved organizational and individual performance based on research and trends as related to the employment lifecycle (entry, tenure, exit).
- Examine legal and ethical trends in the workplace that impact how change agents recommend, implement and manage organizational change.