HRM220 Compensating Employees
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bernadette Baum
Course DescriptionOverview of the fundamentals of wage and salary programs. Benefit programs and related employee incentive programs are explored. Linking performance to monetary and non-monetary rewards will be reviewed. Utilizing HR technology to increase efficiency in pay and benefits administration, as well as aligning HR with organizational activities will be highlighted.
- Identify the various human resource functions.
- Describe three methods of selecting employees.
- Describe five methods of appraising employees.
- Discuss key issues in the motivation and compensation of employees.
- Identify key elements in health and safety programs.
- Discuss common concerns surrounding EEO considerations.