HRM200 Intro to Basic Human Resources
Lead Faculty: Dr. Bernadette Baum
Course DescriptionIntroductory overview of basic human resource management activities. Various functions of human resource management are explored including planning, staffing, training, compensation, motivation, employee development, benefits, performance evaluation, discipline, health and safety issues, employer-employee relationships, and compliance with employment laws.
- Comprehend the various human resource functions.
- Identify and describe three methods of selecting employees.
- Describe five methods of appraising employees.
- Discuss key issues in the motivation and compensation of employees.
- Explain the rationale of developing workplace health and safety programs and identify the elements of a successful program.
- Recognize common concerns surrounding employment law issues in the workplace.
- Discuss human resource assessment as it relates to the mission of an organization.