HCM450 Native Am Tribal Comm Developm
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Charles Pickett
This course is an introduction to the issues and concepts of the Native American community and economic development. Discussion of the positive and negative impacts of casinos on the lives of tribal members, as well as on the community relations with the non-tribal community will be examined.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages in tribal communities of gaming and hospitality operations.
- Analyze potential impacts of casino and hospitality operation on tribal relations with non-tribal communities.
- Evaluate potential short-term and long-term consequences of casino and hospitality operations on Native Americans individually and as a tribe.
- Evaluate ethical concerns concerning the socio-economic impact on Tribal land in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major diversity concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.