HCM440 Cultural Diversity & Hosp Mgt
Lead Faculty: Dr. Michael Charles Pickett
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to discuss the importance of cultural awareness and sensitivity in effective human resources management practices in the hospitality industry. The course examines the increasing cultural diversity found in both the consumer and employee populations and how managers can address different cultural needs of the relevant populations.
- Evaluate the importance of diverse populations of tourism customers and how to meet their particular needs.
- Analyze and evaluate the influences of multiculturalism on the international tourism business environment.
- Recognize and value the cultural diversity of employees and customers within an international environment.
- Analyze the potential impact of cross-cultural interaction in modern hospitality and casino management.
- Evaluate ethical issues concerning diversity in the hospitality and casino industries.
- Demonstrate a clear concept of diversity issues in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.