FIN447 Financial Planning
Lead Faculty: Dr. Gurdeep Kumar Chawla
The course is an overview of the broad spectrum of financial planning, including activities such as producing a comprehensive plan to meet the client's needs and goals for sound financial management, gathering of client information, analyzing client objectives, and using communication skills essential to obtaining quantitative and qualitative client data. It also acquaints students with the importance of retirement and estate planning and tax management.
- Construct and evaluate individual financial statements.
- Analyze clients' financial management needs, such as the following:
Interview and data gathering,
Life Cycle considerations,
Managing risk and return.
Plan for client goals including:
Time horizon considerations,
Social security and retirement,
Tax planning coordination,
Estate planning concerns,
Special client needs,
- Design financial forecasts.
- Design cash flow projections.
- Calculate Pro-forma financial projections.
- Formulate insurance programming for clients.
- Describe individual risk management.
- Analyze disability insurance needs programming.
- Design program for client asset acquisition and the use of debt.
- Reorganize the role of related regulations, practice standards and ethics of business planning.