Methods facilitating effective human-computer interaction. Procedures and environments fundamental to the development of a successful user interface are examined. Design philosophy, guiding principles, and technologies for constructing and sustaining interactive systems that optimize user production are appraised. Discussion of multidisciplinary dynamics of HCI, current and projected developments in HCI research.
- Provide students with the opportunity to analyze and apply theoretical concepts and/or skills from the study of HCI in a professional work setting.
- Assist HCI students in the synthesis and integration of theory and practice by examining the work of one or more professional practitioners.
- Expose the student to the literature and career training opportunities HCI professionals utilize to stay current in their field of employment.
- Provide the HCI student an opportunity to gain knowledge and appreciation of the ethical responsibilities associated with the work of a practicing HCI professional.
- Enable the student to gain a clear understanding of the importance to becoming a productive team member of an organization.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Engineering and Computing
“The School of Engineering and Computing fosters student creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in classes taught by subject matter experts who actively practice what they teach.”School of Engineering and Computing