This course gives a foundation to the practical business applications of social media in a marketing world. Through Facebook, Linkedin, blogs, YouTube, Pinterest and other platforms, students discover that social media is for more than just making friends and that there are now only a few degrees of separation globally. Students learn that social media is about marketing at the right time, place and with the right message for existing as well as prospective customers with both legal and ethical behaviors.
- Describe the challenges in social media, including how businesses listen, respond and energize their customers.
- Evaluate various platforms of social media and its benefits, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, blogs and Twitter.
- Analyze the effectiveness of integrating social media marketing with offline marketing for business, governmental, and not-for-profit entities.
- Compile marketing challenges and opportunities in the global social media environment.
- Evaluate social media strategies in relation to current legal and ethical standards of practice.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of social media concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management