This course is a study of the casino resort industry with special focus on customer service issues in the development of a leisure industry. Overview of the customer service skills required in various casino operations, including establishing teamwork, developing employee motivation, and creating customer service actions. Ways to achieve outstanding customer service through time management, stress reduction and sensitivity development.
- Describe seven key stages in creating customer loyalty.
- Distinguish six service issues important to the development of the gaming industry and retention of the gaming customer.
- Demonstrate the basic skills and attitudes required in establishing and maintaining customer service in casino operations.
- Describe and discern the casino customer/gaming customer, the basic functions necessary to create a rudimentary program to service customers with a goal of retaining that casino customer for return visits and the ten building blocks of ‘breakthrough’ service.
- Identify and develop the core concepts of customer service awareness and be able to provide a positive customer service attitude in all casino operations.
- Demonstrate the principles and techniques of outstanding unexpected ‘breakthrough’ customer service.
- Identify, recognize and implement the most common verbal and non-verbal communication tools and communication forms of unexpected customer service.
- Anticipate, discern and respond pro-actively to the most common customer demand situations within the leisure industry and present a positive role model for other employees not enrolled in the program.
- Respond appropriately to customer requests, demands and anticipating and diffuse potentially difficult situations.
- Identify methods of time and stress management to avoid stressful personal situations and to apply that knowledge by reducing any stressful customer service issues.
- Develop, understand, and apply the positive forces of teamwork and group problem solving for the benefit of breakthrough service for customers.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management