A survey of organizational development, career systems, and training and development practices. The course explores and defines the origin and interrelationship of the three areas under the auspice of Human Resource Development. The exploration examines these areas as they relate to helping practitioners achieve organizational goals and increase effectiveness. Students learn about both theory and practice as it relates to their ability to assist individuals while seeking greater consonance between individual, group, and organizational change and growth.
- Define the role and function of the field of human resource development as a sub-area of human resources management with a focus on organizational development, career systems, and training and development.
- Define the interrelationship of the three areas of human resource development.
- Describe and apply relevant theories to organizational development.
- Describe and apply relevant theories to career systems.
- Describe and apply relevant theories to training and development.
- Evaluate appropriate methods to help organizations change via organizational development practices, career system structures, and training and development.
- Describe the functional relationship to organizational and individual goals and strategies.
- State the duties and performances required of human resource development personnel.
- Employ the most common HRD techniques of analysis, development, and mediation in a case study scenario.
- Discuss the ethical concerns of the field of practitioners.
- Relate the career opportunities the field presents.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management