Developing a shared vision is uniquely important in cause leadership given the varied constraints and opportunities of the nonprofit sector. In order to lead others effectively and to inspire engagement by multiple stakeholders, participants will identify the importance of anchoring to their own and the organization’s purpose. Special focus will be given to the development of leadership capacity in others to ensure the ongoing sustainability and success of the organization.
- Determine an organization’s unique vision and its relevance to the community, as well as the skills required to build a team of staff, donors and volunteers who are empowered to realize its promise
- Discover the value of following purpose-based approaches to manage their organizations
- Combine their own sense of purpose with that of the organization in which they lead
- Construct a shared vision in order to motivate varied stakeholders
- Develop the leadership capacity of others including personnel and volunteers
- Discover how their actions impact others and use that information in recruiting and retaining personnel, volunteers, and donors
- Examine their personal passion, values and ideals to develop their unique voice and leadership style
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management