The successful development cycle includes identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors. Students will explore these aspects of the development cycle and best practice approaches through efforts including annual campaigns, major gifts, planned giving, capital campaigns, corporate relations, crowd-funding, and donor recognition. Emphasis will be placed on building relationships with and managing donors in the context of organizational mission, and training and motivating the board and volunteers to serve as partners in the development initiative.
- Assemble a working knowledge of the elements of the development cycle.
- Assess the diverse approaches to fundraising and understand their role in the overall sustainability of organizations.
- Integrate the various internal stakeholders within the development process.
- Experiment with relationship-building strategies that lead to sustained and meaningful engagement with donors with varying capacity.
- Construct meaningful asks, a skill that requires honoring a donor’s passion and purpose within the context of an organization’s mission.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management