The historical context of classic leadership studies will be examined including emotional intelligence, trait theories, personality studies and the emergence of leadership theory. Students will explore the research on leadership that has impacted the development of leadership studies and the understanding of power, authority and influence. This course will aid in preparing students for LED 480 and LED 490.
- Identify and explain significant studies contributing to leadership theory.
- Review the classic research and significant contributions to the understanding of leadership.
- Identify components of research including strengths and weaknesses of scholarly research versus wisdom literature on leadership.
- Analyze and discuss conclusions and recommendations from leadership research.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using proper business communications techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to use on-line resources to research and prepare written and oral assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management