Advanced topics in understanding groups and team formation, hidden agenda items of team members and strategies to navigate difficult behavior or challenging groups. Experiential learning of group dynamics, examining multiple phenomena and the impact of leadership will be explored.
- Compare and contrast basic theories of leadership in analyzing group dynamics.
- Theorize and construct hypothesis concerning what is causing groups to become ineffective in accomplishing work.
- Apply leadership strategies to groups dealing with work avoidance, resistance to change and extensive conflict.
- Create a strategy for leadership intervention into a dysfunctional work group or team.
- Evaluate ethical decision making frameworks to leadership within groups and interventions or consulting.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of major leadership concepts in writing and orally using current business communications techniques.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management