This course is an overview of the Native American Casino management tribal gaming operations. It includes the history of Tribal Government Gaming, a description of gaming component and their interrelationship to the hospitality industry. This course also shows the industry’s growth opportunities and identifies the potential for employment success. The study of casino departments and procedures is linked to an analysis of successful casino management and leadership practices.
- Cite historical and political steps in the development of Tribal Government Gaming
- Identify four reasons how tribal gaming aims to increase tribal self-reliance and sovereignty.
- Distinguish and describe twelve basic operational departments in the Native American gaming business.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the major operational departments in a casino.
- Identify four principle consumer issues facing both the casino and hospitality businesses.
- Describe six basic management skills requires in casino operations and related hospitality industries.
- Distinguish five basic concepts of casino table games and two basic forms of gaming machines, including calculating principles in game probability.
- Describe the economic and social importance if Tribal Gaming for communities.
- Categorize the gaming customers by motivation and gaming attitudes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
School of Business and Management
“Our business and management programs equip students with the knowledge and tools needed to lead their organizations and stay competitive in the job marketplace.”School of Business and Management